[Biosig-etc] Invitation to Hohenheim SchlossGeister with top scholars

Katerina Potapova Katerina.Potapova at uni-hohenheim.de
Mo Mai 1 10:50:56 CEST 2017

Dear professors,

Dear colleagues,

Dear students,

We kindly invite you to our Lecture Series with outstanding scholars from
all over the world:

Hohenheimer SchlossGeister!

Coming up next:

Professor John Cryan – who speaks on Wednesday, 3 May – is the world’s top
scholar on brain – gut microbiome interaction. The lecture takes place in HS
4 (the Lecture Hall 4) at 3:30 PM.

Professor Firdaus Dhabhar (watch his TED talk here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsc83N-Q1q4> ) speaks about positive
effects of stress on May 9, at 4:30 PM in Aula.

More information available on our website
<https://health.uni-hohenheim.de/en/schlossgeister_model-organisms-and-syste
ms>  and here below (a selection):

-        John F. Cryan, University College Cork (Wed, 03.05, 3:30 PM,
Hohenheim Palace, HS 4) – “The Microbiome and Brain Function: From Animal
Models to Human Behaviour” (Abstract
<https://health.uni-hohenheim.de/fileadmin/einrichtungen/gesundheitswissensc
haften/Downloads/Cryan_SchlossGeister_Abstract_rev.pdf>  – Author details on
Scopus
<https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?origin=resultslist&authorId=700330
7517&zone=> )

-        Firdaus Dhabhar, University of Miami (Tue, 09.05, 4:30 PM,
Hohenheim Palace, Aula) – “Protective vs. Harmful Effects of Stress on
Immune Function” (Abstract
<https://health.uni-hohenheim.de/fileadmin/einrichtungen/gesundheitswissensc
haften/Downloads/Dhabhar_SchlossGeister_Abstract.pdf>  – Author details on
Scopus
<https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?origin=resultslist&authorId=700420
9195&zone=>  – TED Talks <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsc83N-Q1q4> )

-        Clare Bryant, University of Cambridge (Tue, 23.05, 4:30 PM,
Hohenheim Palace, HS 33) – “Spots, Specks and Stretching: Inflammasome
Regulation of Salmonella Infection” (Cambridge Immunology Network
<http://www.immunology.cam.ac.uk/Networkdirectory/ceb27@cam.ac.uk> )

-        Nitin S. Baliga, Institute of Systems Biology, Seattle (Tue, 13.06,
4:30 PM, Hohenheim Palace, Aula) – “Predictive Models of Biological Networks
– Strategies for Personalized Medicine and for Sustainable Environments”
(Author details on Scopus
<https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?origin=resultslist&authorId=360160
46800&zone=> )

Join us for insightful and inspiring talks with our wonderful speakers! We
look forward to seeing you.

Please feel free to share this announcement.

Yours sincerely,

Team of the Hohenheim Research Center for Health Sciences

University of Hohenheim | Universität Hohenheim

Hohenheim Research Center for Health Sciences | Forschungszentrum für
Gesundheitswissenschaften (FZG)

Head Office | FZG-Geschäftsstelle

Katerina Potapova, M.A., Mag. rer. publ.

Interim Managing Director | Vertretung der Geschäftsführung

Wollgrasweg 43

70599 Stuttgart

Phone: +49 (0)711 459 24615

Cell phone: +49 (0)1511 4224 831